Independence Day Performance Nutrition Challenge
If you are really ready to put in the work to surpass all the goals you had when you crossed your personal Rubicon by entering our doors? Then be here on Monday, April 30th @ 6pm for the kickoff meeting and intro Performance Nutrition Town Hall Meeting.
Full rules and guidlines up later today. Really.
No Open Grill this evening:
It’s going to be 60F with 25mph gusts.
Maybe… Grilled Meat Catching for time?
Tune in next week for better weather, me hopes.
- “Functional” the uniquely evolving workout. EDIT: Much thanks to the ‘Right Stuff’ 0600 and 0700 Test Pilots this morning for designing the rough edges off this WOD. The data you provided was invaluable. You will see this again with your RXd improvements, some of which are already in the new description below.
- How functional is YOUR fitness. We know why we do, what we do. We know why Olympic Weightlifting and aggressive Kettle Bell work are the keys to power generation. We know why Power-lifting creates both the lever strength and hormonal milieu for greatness. We know why the needs of the gymnast reflect the skills life demands for both mid-line stabilization and how to manipulate your body both efficiently and safely through space. Now we test application.
- Prowler: How far can you push a prowler whose total weight equals your body weight +135lbs in 30 seconds. How much longer than 30 seconds does it take you to get it back.
- Three Attempts, record least successful round.
- Sandbag: How far, how fast can you carry the equivalent weight of a small child out of harms way?
- 60lb Sandbag Carry: Pick it up and carry it. Once again, 30 seconds for max distance. How much longer than 60 seconds does it take you to get it back.
- Three attempts. Record your least successful round.
All of these movements pushed past the capacity to maintain propper form could end in catastrophe. If you don’t focus ENTIRELY on the form, so could walking up and down stairs, getting on an escalator, cutting a steak or even brushing your teeth: you aim for the hole in your face, right? THE BIG ONE, not the two choices with the lashes, capiche? F O R M above all else! read the biggest sign on the wall of the gym and live by it.
With this test: be aggressive, be ambitious, be athletic, but dont be gluttonous, pig-headed or stupid.
It’s Friday. EAT!.
Food for Thought:
by Gavin De Becker