As CrossFit Rubicon is experiencing exciting growth, we are seeking to hire the right person to fill coaching positions, with the goal of providing a long-term career in strength & conditioning coaching and fitness management.
CrossFit Rubicon’s mission is to train, educate, and motivate our athletes to improve their health, fitness, and quality of life. Our community is built on the values of trust, integrity, dependability, and commitment. We are dedicated to building a community of fitness through exercise, proper nutrition, and functional movement.
- The primary duties of this position involve the supervision and execution of the daily operation of the affiliate, to include but not limited to coaching, programming, events, management of the membership roster, and staff leadership.
- Base salary of $29,000 to $38,000 dependent on experience and willingness to take on additional roles and responsibilities. Applicant will have added increased potential for additional revenue from personal training, nutrition consultation, specialty areas, and profit sharing opportunities, depending on the entrepreneurial spirit and work ethic of the applicant.
- One Week of Annual Paid Vacation
- Additional Income Earned from Personal Training
- All Retail and Supplements at cost
- Stipends for professional certifications
- Pushes the affiliate ever forward toward its mission statement, goals, and performance benchmarks.
- Responsible for the daily operation of the Affiliate including coaching, programming, events, operations management, and other duties as assigned by the Owner.
- Undyingly pursues excellence with the health and happiness of the members in mind
- Serves as a member of CrossFit Rubicon Leadership Team.
- Regularly meets with Owner to plan and discuss updates on community, growth, and development.
- Maintains and monitors staffing, expectations, and motivation to fulfill organizational requirements.
- Drives performance measures for the affiliate and reports to the Owner.
- Ensures professionalism and excellence throughout coaching staff.
- Responsible for the development and continued education of current staff.
- Meets weekly with coaches and staff to discuss week’s events, any significant changes, feedback, class structure, injuries, and membership changes.
- Assist in the hiring process, trains, and develops new coaches.
- Responsible for the direction, publishing, and execution of the programming.
- Manages the schedule, ensures that all classes are covered by coaches.
- Helps determine appropriate rewards and coaching practices to align coaches and employees with affiliate mission and goals.
- Fulfill opening/closing gym responsibilities.
- Manage the gym’s membership roster.
- Answer contacts, manage email accounts, and inform prospective members.
- Respond to all phone and email inquiries in a timely manner.
- Responsible for attending to and rectifying memberships issues via phone, email, and in person.
- Encourage participation in community events.
- Assist in organization and execution of community events.
- Communicate class feedback and findings to owners for further business improvement.
- Execute Facebook marketing initiatives.
- Stimulate social media interaction that aligns with our team values and vision.
- Administrative work and other duties as assigned.
Preferred Experience, Education, and Certifications
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s preferred but not required.
- Displays mastery in human movement, points of performance, and execution.
- Deeply understands the concepts of Fitness, and Nutrition.
- Upon hiring, you will work directly with the owners to receive the training needed to carry-out and succeed at the duties required for success in your position.
- Vienna, Virginia
- Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter should address the following:
- Why you are seeking a coaching position at CrossFit Rubicon
- Your coaching experience
- Why would students want you as a Coach
- Your philosophy on fitness and athlete development
- Detail your plan to drive business into the facility
- Your background including, but not limited to: personal, education, profession, sports, and fitness