Intro to the new GHDs Part 1: The Hip Extension
See video for more information on this movement – https://vimeo.com/10162057
Today, you will be instructed on HIP EXTENSIONS, using Rubicon’s new GHDs (glute ham developers).
*As we have done recently with the front squat, push jerk, and push press, work up to a heavy x5, then add weight and reduce the reps to 3, etc., eventually working up to a very heavy set of 2.
8 Min AMRAP, either Rx or Scale
50 Double Unders
7 Power Snatches, 135/95
50 Single Unders
10 Tuck Jumps (http://gymnasticswod.com/content/tuck-jump)
5 Power Snatches*, 115/75, 95/65, or 65/45
*For scaled athletes, power snatches should be as heavy as you can manage with technical proficiency.
Front Squat 6×2
*Per the guidelines; maintaining the same weight we have been using the last few weeks.
CrossFit Open Workout 14.5
21-18-15-12-9-6-3 reps for time of:
Bar Facing Burpees
In teams of 2, athletes complete:
• Only one athlete may work at a time.
• Team members must tag each other in/out when switching places.
• Reps are shared between the two team members.
• The work does not have to be divided equally.
• Rx = Deadlifts as prescribed & HSPU head/hands to ground or ONE AbMat + 25lb plates.
• Scale = Deads@205/135; HSPU subbed with kneeling KB shoulder presses OR strict shoulder presses, working from the ground, with a barbell, @75/55.
Front Squat 6×4
*You MUST rest 2-3 minutes between each of their working sets.
There are 3 options that you may choose from. Ask your coach for guidance if you’re not sure which to choose.
4 rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
5 Burpee Muscle-ups
If you’ve got a 20-lb. vest or body armor, wear it.
7 Burpee Chest to Bar Pullups
7 Ring Dips
7 Strict Banded Pullups or Elevated Ring Rows
7 Matador Dips (banded if necessary)
Station A – Skill (15 min)
MU/Handstand Tech Work
Station B – Test (15 min)
Row 2k for time.
Station C – Accessory (15 min)
10 minutes for QUALITY, repeating the sequence until time is called.
20 Russian Twists, heavy but not maximal
20 Shoulder Touches, alternating**
60 Double Unders or 20 DU Attempts***
Push Press 5-3-3-2-2-2
Skill (10 minutes)
Power Clean + Push Jerk Instructio
10 C&J, 135/95
There is a 15 min time cap.
15 Min AMRAP
5 C&J, 115/75
*For the scaled version, C&J can be further scaled down to 95/65 or 75/55. Pullups can be scaled to strict banded (preferred) or ring rows.
Bench, 5×3 across (recommendation is 75-85% of an accurate 1RM; if no accurate 1RM exists, simply go heavy but do not fail)
Clean Grip RDLs, 5×3 across (~65% of 1RM deadlift, any style, or 100% of clean, whichever number is higher)
7 min AMRAP
*Begin the AMRAP with a cash in of 50 AbMat situps, then:
10 KBS, 2pd/1.5pd
10 Box Jumps, 24”/20”
*As soon as the clock runs out, the cash out is another 50 AbMat situps.
Front Squat 6×2
Event 5 from the 2009 CF Games –
3 Rounds for time:
30 Wall ball shots, 20/14*
30 Snatch, 65/45
There is a 20 minute time cap on this workout.
*Rx males AND females should be using a 10′ target. Female scale is 9′.
**Rx movement standard is a FULL SNATCH, received in a squat. Men work off the floor; females using an empty men’s bar need to BEGIN EACH REP FROM JUST BELOW THE KNEE.
3 rounds For total rep
45sec work/15 sec transition.
Hang Power Snatch, 75/55
*Deadlift scales are 185/135 or 135/95. DU scale is 1:1 lateral parallette jumps. Hang power snatch scale is 65/45.
Front Squat 6×2
*Per the guidelines in the Front Squat Cycle PDF. Athletes should know their number and hold it for all six sets across, resting 2-3 minutes between efforts. DO NOT ADD WEIGHT from the scale determined last week.
15 Min AMRAP –
3 Squat Clean Thruster, 155/105
3 Muscle Ups
5 Hang Cleans, 115/75
5 Parallette Pushups (http://www.switchcrossfit.com/vide…/perform-parallette-push/)
• Squat clean thrusters are one continuous movement from the ground, into a full squat, then into a thruster.
• Hang cleans are from anywhere above the knee and caught in a full squat.
• Further scale from a parallette pushup is a standard pushup. If an athlete cannot perform a standard pushup, they should perform full plank pushup negatives; no knee pushups are allowed today.
• Scale for pullups is strict banded pullups.